Wow this week has been pretty busy. Was covering PICU on Monday and Teusday. Then Level 3 on Wednesday and Thursday. And had to cover Melur 1 today.
The best thing that happened this week was that I became an aunt to my new nephew Benedict who was born on the 15th of October. I was doing runner call that day and it so happened that he had to be admitted to NICU for presumed sepsis. Poor little thingy. Anyways if all goes well he will be completing his antibiotcs by next week and will be home by mid week.
The weirdest thing that happened to me was that I had this serious case of urticaria. Woke up on Tuesday morning covered with urticaria. I was scratching like a monkey!!! It got less itchy after a jab of IM Chlorpheniramine. Then took some Prednisolone as well just for precaution. However, the next day it came back again. This time I got myself a cocktail of IV Hydrocortisone as well as Chlorpheniramine. Despite having to be poked 4 times before getting all the meds in, it was way much better than the IM jab... Not as painful but it did leave a couple of "souvenirs" - 4 tiny lil poke marks and a bruise. Taking Prednisolone and Chlorpheniramine daily for now just in case and so far so good.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment