Monday, March 30, 2009

Summary of my March

March wasn't a great month for me. Procrastinating took over me. I didn't study like I was supposed to. I didn't write my letter like I was suppose to. I started a new ward which I initially dreaded like hell, but eventually I managed to fit in and cope with it. It isn't too bad actually (only if there was 2 of us).

But the mother of it all was my health. I have been having urticaria since September last year, about 2-3 times a week. Come to think of it, I did had some episodes when I was at KM in 2007 but it was like a one off thing. Anyhows, it worsened in mid-March. More widespread. More itchy. And it came daily. At the peak, I was scratching like crazy and I was on FOUR anti-histamines including IV Chlorpheniramine as well as steroids. I'm glad for 2 things: that the medications worked and my lab results shows that I suggest that I don't have connective tissue disease. Skin biopsy suggest urticarial vasculitis. Cause? So far unknown. I hope this would resolve by itself. So far, I haven't had any rashes since 18th March, and I hope I don't get it anymore (or at least anytime soon).

Rashes rashes go away, don't come back, not even for another day

No comments: