Dear Adik Syukri,
I remember the day that you were recently diagnosed wt leukaemia and transferred to my ward. I remember the day when I gave Aspa to you. Yes it hurted like hell but I manage to distract you by making you count. I was impressed. You were a very smart kid. As time went by, I found out that you were quite a cheeky and naughty boy. You were one of those talented kids that could imitate "the boss".
But somehow, there were many speedbumps for you.
Recently you fell ill again. You didn't want to drink, and I'm sorry that I had to be harsh on you for your own good. I'm sorry that it was the last time I saw you conscious because the next time I saw you was when you were intubated in my ward. The last thing you said to your mom before being intubated was "Maaf mak, menyusahkan mak". *heartbreak* You were so ill and I was so worried because I was also oncall that night. I tried my best and I manage to stabilise you that day. Your mother was very worried and I told her that I was worried as well. It was a very busy night and I went home the next day hoping that you would pull through this rough patch. There was a slight positive progress and I thought that maybe by the next week you would be ok.
Little did I know that 2 days later, during my next call, you left us and went to a more comfortable and peaceful place where there is no suffering. I know that your mom understood and I think she sorta accepted this fate but I'm sorry that your dad felt the other way. I'm glad I went down to see you for the last time, pay my last respect and say sorry to your mom. I wanted to say more but I couldn't hold back my tears and I left. But I think your mom understood what I felt. It was a pleasure to know you and take care of you but I'm sorry we couldn't do more for you and your family. I'm sure they are devastated by your lost especially your identical twin brother Syukur. But I know you are now in a better place. Rest in peace Syukri.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kesian...
Post a Comment