Sunday, March 25, 2007

Orientation my @$$ (part 2) a.k.a. i'm pooped

Got back from Awana Genting on Thursday night. I was so damn pooped. To think that 3 days off work means 3 days worth of rest. But NOOoooooo... *shakes index finger*

Sunday - Slept late on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Couldn't sleep, mostly from the excitement that I'm going to Genting for a course. I think I prolly fell asleep around 3ish am, only to be waken up at 5.15am to a very groggy, cranky and moody me. I am SO not a morning person. In fact, those who known me, or who have stayed with me would testify on this. Did some last minute packing, a light breakfast and then I was off to the airport for my flight at 7.20am. I still curse that fellow who booked my ticket. Spent most of the time in flight sleeping.

Reached KLIA at 11am. Got some cash and the Half-blood Prince before taking a cab to Genting. Bloody 194.60 Ringgit, you know!!!! Was very thankful to see that YS was already there when I arrived at 1am. At least ada kawan there. Registered, checked-in into my room and after that hanged out with my uni friends. It was really great meeting up with them again and it didn't feel like 2 years since we last met at our graduation.

C had already warned me that although the rooms at Awana are nice, the food sux big time; and I would testify on that. I dare say, I cook better than that. Hehehehe... Had a very boring briefing, which was a sign that the impending lectures were going to be as boring as the very first one; and a really lame attempt in organising a ice breaking event for 150 participants. KH invited me to go clubbing wt the gang, which I would love to go. Unfortunately the bed beckons me as I drained. Was out in a jiffy...

Monday - ....only to wake up to my alarm from an early morning exercise session. Needless to say, the session was cancelled as it was raining and I happily went for breakfast. The day was filled with endless boring lectures which I spend mostly by reading my HP book, gossiping with my friends and taking an occasional shut-eye. Went up to Genting for a Karaoke session where the 5 of us murdered a hell load of songs for 3 hours. It wasn't a surprising fact that it rained on the way down back to our hotel... slept at 3am

Tuesday - Dragged myself out of my bed for the stupid exercise session. It was some lame version of dangdut meet cha-cha. More boring lectures. Then had some performances by the groups, including mine which led to me singing Zombie. It was fun. Went to Gohtong for mamak where it rained like HELL. Suddenly Genting became a huge waterfall. It was THAT heavy of a rainfall. Must be all those singing during dinner *LOL* Went back to the hotel and spent the rest of the night drinking and playing Asshole a.k.a. 5-hands playing Cho Dai Di. Was fun... Retired at 3 am again

Wednesday - Refused to wake up for the bloody exercise session. Had another 2 boring lectures before we were released. Spent 1 hour gathering my stuff from all over my room and packing. Checked out and had dinner. Was sad to say goodbye to my friends but I'm sure not for the last time. Took the cab to KLIA. I usually don't sleep in the cab for fear of being kidnapped or god knows what. But I was so damn tired and sleepy and before I knew it, the cab was driving pass the Sepang mosque. Flirted to the check in counter guy and got a good window seat. Spent the rest of the time loafing around and cursing the fellow who booked my flight while waiting for my flight at 6.45pm. At the end of the day, I'm pooped...

2 comments:

bwooie said...

i know this might be a little late, but the paperback one costs only Rm39.90, which I was very tempted to buy on saturday at kinokuniya but refrained.. :)

Yuri said...

hmm i was actually referring to the RM194.60 cab ride :)