Sunday, September 9, 2007

My impressions on Hong Kong

  • Very clean. The streets, the walkway, the public transport, the toilets. No litter, no dust, no ciggy butts, no spit. I hate spit.
  • Very very very hazy. I hate the weather there. During dusk, I couldn't even see the sunset. As a comparison, it's worst than KL on a normal day.
  • Food is very expensive there. Mineral/drinking water bought from 7-eleven cost RM 3. Chicken rice RM10. Nai cha RM 8-9. One basket of dimsum RM 9. Felt like I was eating gold. Wasn't really that great either. Except for the dimsum we had on the first day at Times Square. Yum
  • Public transport is very efficient and fast. Bought a 1-day unlimited rides pass for HK$50.
  • (most) HK people aren't obese. Maybe because they walk almost everywhere.
  • The people seem to always be in a rush.
  • It seems like they have different uniforms in different schools. I like the blue cheongsam uniforms best.

One incident that I still remember was when we were on the MTR:

Me and Candice : (chatting loudly in our heavily Sabahan accent BM)

Mother: (to son in Cantonese) Do you know what language they are speaking in?

Son: Uhhh...English (duh bodoh also this boy *rolls eyes*)

Mother: Nope. They are speaking Phillipino

Double duh...

Oh and did I mention that the hotel that we stayed at for 3 nights is the same hotel that was infamous for the SARS outbreak in HK a few years ago? *gulp*

No comments: