Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lazy Saturday

Awoken by a call, inviting me for an early breakfast today. Lazily I hit the snooze button to get more Zzzz... Pulled myself out from bed to get ready. We had breakfast, Pan Mien, at Damai. It was great meeting up with them girls again. Visited a couple of bridal galleries to check out some dressed for her upcoming wedding. Honestly the satin and lace dress was the winner so far of all the dresses she had tried but pretty $$. Had a drink at Yen Ai Lintas to quench our thirst in the hot, sunny and cloudless weather. Although it was pretty hot today, I'm glad for the change in weather as it has been raining horridly the past week or so.

Decided to see a dermatologist today. I have been have recurrent urticaria for the past 4 months or so and it has been quite distressing. Went to a well known (and also $$$) dermatologist in Damai. I was really worried that her charges would cost a bomb. But she was really pleasant. It seems that I have Chronic Idiopathic Urticatia, which has no cause and just symptomatic treatment. She did recommended that I check my thyroid function, have a dental check up and deworm myself... Should all fail, a trial of steriods (ie Prednisolone) for a week and/or suppresion regime (ie antihistamines for 6 days in a week). Just googled CIU, I hope I don't have any autoimmune disease... *cross fingers*. On a lighter and surprising note, she didn't charge me anything for her consultation! :))

No comments: