One of my earliest memories was listening to a MJ song sometime back in 1982-1984 on a little red transistor radio. I can't exactly remember if it was Thriller or Billie Jean. Strangely, I became quite fanatical about MJ at the peak of the child molestation controversy during his Dangerous World Tour. I even stopped drinking Pepsi, who pulled out their sponsorship from his world tour. I collected almost everything about him. I cried when I couldn't go to his concert in Malaysia because it clashed wt my exams. I was pissed with my friends who dissed him. I read his biography over and over again. I was that fanatical.
Somehow, as I grew up, it sorta died out.
Today, MJ died. I was shock and in disbelief. Somewhat in denial. I cant believe my teenage idol died. This morning, as I was driving to work, I didn't want to go to work. I just wanted to sit in my car, listening to his songs as the radio stations paid a tribute to him
I hope you are at peace now Michael. I somewhat have this same feeling as I did back in 1994.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment