Sunday, June 27, 2010

1 year later...

I still remember that day. 26th June, just before 7am. The radio was playing MJ's song back to back and I was wondering why. Then they announced that he had died. It was unbelievable. Surreal. I didn't know what to feel actually. I don't think it really hit me until the memorial service when I bawled my eyes swollen.

And one year later, it still seem so surreal. Tears still flow for this amazing human being, musical genius, a man with a lot of physical and emotional pain and probably the most understood person. And why do I feel so connected to this person that I don't know personally or even met before? I don't know. Its something that I have felt since I was 12.

"Like a comet blazing 'cross the evening sky...
Gone too soon

Like a rainbow fading in the twinkling of an eye
Gone too soon

Shiny and sparkly and spendidly bright
Here one day, gone one night

Like the loss of sunlight on a cloudy afternoon...
Gone too soon

Like a castle built upon a sandy beach
Gone too soon

Like a perfect flower that is just beyond your reach
Gone too soon

Born to amuse, to inspire, to delight
Here one day, gone one night

Like a sunset dying with the rising of the moon
Gone too soon...."

I hope you are at peace MJ.

No comments: