Saturday, May 5, 2007

Induksi Rox!!!

I just got back from a 3-week long course (or rather courses if you see Induksi and BTN as 2, but shall be now referred as Induksi). I never expected it to be as what it turned out to be.

Most boring moment(s):
Lectures. Especially those Kenegaraan lectures. Actually it wouldn't have been that bad if the lecturers actually made it interesting...

Most exhausting but fun moment:
Sukaneka. Played so many fun and funny games including cari gula dalam tepung, pijak belon, the belon walk, pass the rubber band wt straws, fill the bottle, treasure hunt, longest line etc... In the end, everybody was exhausted and tanned but happy. My group got 3rd!!!

Most hard-earned but happy and fun moment:
Malam Mesra. Damn nobody can deny that we worked our asses off for that night. Even the fascilitators and urusetia were impressed by the effort that we put in for that night. In the end, everything went well and most importantly everybody had fun. Many of the participants said that Malam Mesra was the most memorable event of Induksi. Had a Sumazau dance (joined the group for this dance), multi-language singing group, drama, cultural dance medley (danced the magunatip a.k.a. bamboo-clipping-foot-dance) and fusion dance medley and finished off with Pocho-pocho dance. Wore a traditional Rungus outfit. Love my outfit. Sexaayyy...

Most stressed out moment:
Studying for Induksi exams. Stress gila babi koz there were so much to study. Luckily for spot questions and study groups, we managed to answer the questions quite confidently. None of us want to take the exams again for sure.

Most frightening moment:
Absailling at Kundasang. I have a fear of heights. How I managed to stay on the 26th floor at Bistari Condo for a year when I was in 3rd year still bewilders the hell out of me. Heck I even get weasy from the 3rd floor. So when I heard that we would be doing absailling, I went for it. However, while I was climbing the staires of the 50 m tall water tower, Nora said I looked pale. Only I knew how terrified I was. In fact, I started tearing up and shaking as my turn to go down came nearer. I think I was the only one who cried while absailing down. Nevertheless I did it and I was so overwhelmed that I did.

Most exhausting and so NOT funny moment:
Having to run 2km in less than 18 minutes. If we failed to do so, we would have to repeat the feat the next day. Not wanting to do so, I pushed myself, the not-fit-i-dont-like-jogging/running me. The first quarter was ok koz it was mainly downhill, but then I started getting breathless and my muscles were burning and screaming for oxygen. Luckily I made it in 17 minutes 22 secs. I'm so proud. Hehe... Not bad huh for a not-fit-i-dont-like-jogging/running girl?

Most adventurous moment:
Kembara! Went jungle trekking. I'm so proud to say that even though I'm not an outdoorsy person, I had lotsa fun. I actually enjoyed it. Had to do the commando crawl, climb down and up a steep hill wt rope, crawl across a log over a stream, go through a tyre without touching the sides etc etc.

Best Penghulu:
Suthagar. I'm pretty sure he got chosen because of his nutty and crazy personality. Luckily people listened to him too. Thanks to him, he brought out the craziness and the nuttiness of everybody and made Induksi fun and enjoyable.

Best Roommate:
Nora. Knew her since high school ever since she moved to KK and stayed in the same lorong with me. Nuff said that we were childhood friends. That's why I was so glad that we were going to Induksi together and took the effort to swap rooms so that we could room in together. Had so much fun together especially those nights when we were belting songs till late. Luckily nobody complained hahaha...

Most heartbreaking moment:
Farewell of course. The last night of BTN, we had a mini gathering where Suthagar made everybody say something, just like a mini speech or public speaking. I was so overwhelmed with what everybody said that when it came to my turn, I just started crying. I'm an emotional person, ok! But I was shocked to see that Suthagar also cried. What was even shocking was that (according to Nora) I made everybody else cried too, including the guys. Never knew I had such as effect of the others hehehe...

No comments: